(Bursera Graveolens) Palo Santo is a Sacred Wood, known as Holy Wood that is burned as an incense.
Our Palo Santo is sourced from Peru, and we work with local communities that only collect the wood from naturally fallen trees that have been naturally cured and preserved. Palo Santo harvesting is strictly controlled by law in Peru.
Used by shamans in South America (specifically in Peru & Ecuador) for thousands of years. Palo Santo is traditionally only harvested from trees that have died naturally, often after growing for over 50+ years, and have then rested on the forest floor for an additional 4-10 years. The wood is then harvested consciously and the tree is blessed and thanked with very pure and loving intentions. This sacred shamanic teaching allows for the Palo Santo tree’s energy to be passed on in a harmonious and sacred way. On a physical level, this teaching also makes sense since the revered aromatic and therapeutic qualities are only fully developed when this process is followed; it also ensures the sustainably of the tree.
In Spanish, the name literally means Holy Wood. It is part of the citrus family and has sweet notes of pine, mint and lemon. The smoke is very fragrant and very beneficial on a spiritual and physical level. The scent of the smoke works well to clear the energy and raise the vibration of the space in which it is burned as well as bringing on a meditative state of deep relaxation and serenity. The wood contains powerful compounds such as the terpene limonene, which has incredible healing effects on the body and mind.
First you start with a simple intention of focusing on clearing the negative energy out of your space and mind. Once you have your intention in mind,
– Hold the tip of the Palo Santo stick over a candle, match or lighter till it catches light
– Allow the stick to burn before blowing out the flame, creating a smoking coal
– For space clearing, move about the space you would like to clear with the intention to remove stagnant energy
– Or place your stick in a metal, glass or clay bowl and allow the smoke to go out on its own or blow gently to continue burning
– To increase burning time, you can gently blow on the coal to create more smoke.
– Unlike traditional incense sticks, your Palo Santo will burn out on it’s own.
– 1 x ~15 g Stick
– Once your Palo Santo stick is alight and smoking, it should burn for about 1-2 minutes.
– Each stick can be relit and reused several times.
– 5 uses per stick
What’s in the box
- What’s in the box
- 3 x OCO Life Palo Santo Wood Incense Sticks
- 1 x Sacred Prayer